Who are the Tankwa Town Rangers?
Rangers at AfrikaBurn come from our community of burners that attend the event every year. They are members of our community and apply the 11 Principles to their volunteer work as a vital part of the workings of the organisation that is AfrikaBurn. Rangers are offered the opportunity to attend mediation and orientation training to sharpen their skills in service of Tankwa Town.
We know the Tankwa Playa, we know its rainbow people, and we are seen to be the eyes and ears of the community.
Potential Rangers have:
- Good judgement skills
- Good to excellent communication skills
- A great sense of humour
- Generosity of spirit and Empathy for the human condition
- Patience, Patience and MORE Patience
- Good listening skills
- An easy going attitude
- Creative problem solving initiatives
- You are 18 years or older
Rangering may be a good choice for you if:
- You enjoy helping people while strolling around Tankwa taking in the sights and absorbing all the art.
- You like interacting with the diversity of the event
- You want to contribute to the well being of your community
- You agree that helping someone is not about YOU
- You are responsible and reliable, able and willing to share a reality with other Rangers while on shift
- You are patient and kind.
Answered YES to all or most of these questions? Then the Orange is for YOU!
Contact the Rangers